Saturday, January 5, 2013

Walking through the unknown

By Rashika Joshi, an engineering student at KEC

Yesterday, at midnight, when I was totally lost in my thoughts, looking at the beautiful sight of moon, my mobile beeped. With much curiosity I checked it. Reading the text was totally different from what I was expecting it to be. There was something written there that I wasn't expecting. I know the person that sent it pretty well (you can call him..... Mr.X). It was just a simple text actually, just "thanks for today, let’s go for a walk". I don't know why, but doing it again, I mean going on a walk again (I have gone before as well, as I enjoy walking at night), wasn't the thing I was willing to do now. It’s always fun to walk around, walk a totally new path, and explore something new. But going with him again, hmm… I needed lots of strength. Anyway, somehow keeping my thoughts aside, I went. Seeing his face always charms me, and for some weird reason, blood races under my cheek changing it to a light pink. We met, just for a walk as he had said it would be. We walked without exchanging a single word (don't know why, but his silence also tells me a lot of things). After walking for a few minutes he got a call and he went on his way. I was there, alone, with my feelings, continuing to walk….. to walk on a path I have never walked.
Read more at her blog, http://thinkingofdream.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment