Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Lost Shoe

By Russell Subedi, an engineering student at KEC

‘“Another Plane Crash in Valley”. No political news in the front page. Well, that’s news,’ I said.
‘There goes one. Something about some politician getting hit by a shoe,’ said Shailendra.
‘Yeah, they deserve it. It would have been better if it was a train, if you ask me. And that’s enough for the news. It’s crossword time!’
‘Can’t you just spend a day without your stupid crosswords?’
‘Can’t you just spend a day without your stupid political updates?’
‘How many times do I have to tell you? It’s not just some political update. These are the things that directly or indirectly affect our lives…’
‘Blah blah blah… just pass me that paper, will you?’
And then he gave me the paper, and I started with the crosswords. This is what normally happens in college, during break or after the classes are over. And yes, we quarrel a lot.

Read his full story at his blog, http://sculpturaltheory.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment