Friday, December 28, 2012

You have fought enough for equal opportunity, why not fight for equal respect now?





By Sujil Maharjan, a plus two graduate from AVM Higher Secondary School.
 
“A cold night and ornate streets full of roaming crowd”
It is the specialty of Thamel, a famous place of Kathmandu. Thousands of opportunities lie here and thousands of crimes also takes place here. It has been a boon for some and a nightmare for rest. It takes enough gut to see beyond the curtain in this place. And I saw it; people doing bad deeds deliberately. They are not different in today’s Nepal. Actually, they have greater privilege than a normal Nepali citizen. The “they” that I am referring are the third genders. Some even hesitate to call themselves a gay. I guess I shouldn’t explain what a third-gender means. Having enough privilege, yet they are doing wrong. It was yesterday night when I was returning from Thamel that I saw them openly with short skirt and male voice, puffing the smoke rings and awaiting the prey, in other words, to deceive people for money.

Read more at :http://tsujilmzn.blogspot.com/2012/12/you-have-fought-enough-for-equal.html

No comments:

Post a Comment